Monday, November 17, 2014

Run - 5.0 km

I'm starting to enjoy running on a treadmill. It's a rather new thing for me... but I prefer the treadmill over cold wintery weather. Not to mention, today I was able to watch a Dr. Phil exclusive on the Honey Boo Boo scandal. (Secretly, I think the only reason I enjoy the treadmill is because I get to watch my fair share of trashy television.)

My run felt awesome today! I kept up a consistent pace of 6.0m/hr and loved almost every minute of it... for some reason when I hit the 20-25 minute mark I struggle, but persistence never fails.

Some Treadmill Running Tips:

  1. Don't hold on to the hand rails (you'll look silly... and it may actually make running more difficult.)
  2. Focus on keeping nice long strides. 
  3. Trashy TV never hurt anyone ;) and I'm pretty sure it's been proven to make your run seem easier. 

Maybe tomorrow I'll incorporate this dance routine into my workout... :)



No comments:

Post a Comment